We all know Singapore is a foodie haven, and we’ve got the accolades to prove it! The Michelin Bib Gourmand 2018 has awarded 50 eateries in Singapore with quality, value-for-money food that’s priced no higher than $45.
The list included both street food, and restaurants, with 12 more eateries added this year, and over 20 hawker stalls. The full list is at the bottom of the article, but here are a few places that really stood out to us.
1. A Noodle Story
A Noodle Story in Amoy Street Food Centre only offers one dish: the Singapore-Style Ramen ($8 for small, $11 for medium). Each component of this dish comes together beautifully for a gastronomical experience.
Check out our full review of A Noodle Story to find out more about this uniquely Singaporean ramen!
A Noodle Story: 7 Maxwell Road, #01-39, Amoy Street Food Centre, Singapore 069111 | Tel: +65 9027 6289 | Opening Hours: 11.15am – 2.30pm (Mon – Fri), 5.30pm – 7.30pm (Mon – Fri), 10.30am – 2.30pm (Sat), Closed on Sun | Facebook
2. Outram Park Fried Kway Teow Mee
At Outram Park Fried Kway Teow Mee in Hong Lim Market & Food Centre, lunch queues for their Char Kway Teow ($4) can be more than an hour long — that’s how we Singaporeans know it’s good.
With a strong wok hei flavour, plump cockles and irresistible pork lard bits, it’s no wonder they made it onto the list.
Read our full review of Outram Park Fried Kway Teow Mee to discover the secret behind its popularity!
Outram Park Fried Kway Teow Mee: 531A Upper Cross Street, #02-18, Hong Lim Market & Food Centre, Singapore 051531 | Opening Hours: 6am – 3.30pm (Mon – Sat), Closed on Sun & Public Holidays
3. The Coconut Club
The Coconut Club at Ann Siang Hill has snagged a spot on the list with good ol’ Nasi Lemak ($12.80) and Cendol ($3.80). They’ve researched and perfected every element that goes into a plate of nasi lemak. And yes, they’ve nailed it.
Find out more about the back-to-basics dishes served at The Coconut Club in our full review.
The Coconut Club: No. 6 Ann Siang Hill, Singapore 069787 | Tel: +65 6635 2999 | Opening Hours: 11am – 3pm (Mon – Sun), 6pm – 9.30pm (Mon – Sat) | Website
Aside from these three, there are 47 other amazing eateries, so grab your foodie kakis and head out for a day of feasting.
- A Noodle Story 超好面
- Alliance Seafood 联合海鲜烧烤
- Ah Er Soup阿2老火汤 (ABC Brickworks Food Centre)
- Balestier Road Hoover Rojak 豪华罗杂
- Bar-Roque Grill
- Bismillah Biryani
- *Chai Chuan Tou Yang Rou Tang 柴船头羊肉汤 (Bukit Merah View Food Centre)
- Chey Sua Carrot Cake 青山菜头粿
- *Chuan Kee Boneless Braised Duck全記 (Ghim Moh Market & Food Centre)
- *Depot Road Zhen Shan Mei Claypot Laksa 德普路真善美驰名砂煲叻沙
- *Eminent Frog Porridge & Seafood 明辉田鸡粥海鮮煮炒店 (Geylang Road Lorong 19)
- Famous Sungei Road Trishaw Laksa 驰名结霜桥三轮车叻沙
- *Fresh Taste Big Prawn Noodle 知味鮮大蝦面 (Zion Riverside Food Centre)
- *Heng兴 (Newton Food Centre)
- Hong Heng Fried Sotong Prawn Mee 鸿兴炒苏东虾面
- Hong Kee Beef Noodle 桐记牛肉粿条
- *Hong Kong Yummy Soup真之味香港靚汤 (Alexandra Village Food Centre)
- Hoo Kee Bak Chang 和记肉粽
- J2 Famous Crispy Curry Puff 驰名香脆咖喱卜
- Ka-Soh (Outram Park) 家嫂 (欧南园)
- Kok Sen Restaurant 国成球记餐室
- *Lao Fu Zi Fried Kway Teow 老夫子炒粿条 (Old Airport Road Food Centre)
- *Lian He Ben Ji Claypot Rice 联合本记煲饭 (Chinatown Complex)
- Liao Fan Hawker Chan 了凡香港油鸡饭面 (78 Smith Street)
- Man Man (Tanjong Pagar) 鰻满 (丹戎巴葛)
- *Muthu’s Curry (Little India)
- Na Na Homemade Curry 南南家咖哩 (Bukit Merah)
- New Lucky Claypot Rice 新鸿运瓦煲饭
- New Ubin Seafood (Bukit Batok)
- *Outram Park Fried Kway Teow Mee 欧南园炒粿条面 (Hong Lim Market & Food Centre)
- *Rolina Traditional Hainanese Curry Puff (Tanjong Pagar Plaza Market & Food Centre)
- *Shi Hui Yuan 实惠园 (Queenstown)
- *Shi Wei Da 食为大潮州糜 (Fengshan Market and Food Centre)
- *Sik Bao Sin (Desmond’s Creation) 吃饱先
- Sin Huat Eating House 新发餐厅
- *Sin Kee Famous Cantonese Chicken Rice 新记 (Holland Drive)
- Song Fa Bak Kut Teh (New Bridge Road) 松发肉骨茶 (新桥路)
- *Tai Wah Pork Noodle 大华肉脞面 (Hong Lim Market & Food Centre)
- The Blue Ginger
- *The Coconut Club 椰子俱乐部
- Tian Tian Hainanese Chicken Rice天天海南鸡饭 (Maxwell Food Centre)
- Tiong Bahru Hainanese Boneless Chicken Rice 中峇鲁海南起骨鸡饭 (Tiong Bahru Food Centre)
- *Tiong Bahru Yi Sheng Fried Hokkien Prawn Mee 中峇鲁益生炒福建虾面 (ABC Brickworks Food Centre)
- Shirokane Tori-tama 酉玉白金
- True Blue Cuisine
- Whole Earth 环界
- Yhingthai Palace 银泰
- Zaffron Kitchen (East Coast)
- Zai Shun Curry Fish Head 载顺咖喱鱼头
*First-time awardees in 2018
Have you been to these eateries? If you haven’t, now’s the time to pop by!
Michelin Bib Gourmand Singapore 2018: Facebook | Website
Thanks for reading the article. Share if you enjoyed!